- Customer pickup,
- In detail
- Upright and bushy with soft green leaves that are serrated and aromatic.
- Flower the whole summer.
- Height 75cm and spread 60cm.
- Hardy variety.
- Stronger than Candican.
- Will need a light trim after winter.
- Full sun.
- Ideal for hedges, lining walkways and mass planting.
- Plant 1½m apart for a hedge. Replace every 3-4 years.
- Add flower buds sparingly to salads for added colour and taste.
- Instead of Rosemary, add a few twigs off lavender when preparing chicken.
- Flowers can be crystallized to decorate dessert and confectionery.
- Add flower buds to honey, scones etc
- Flower spikes.
- Pick throughout the growing season.
- Will treat nervous exhaustion, tension headaches, during labour, colic and indigestion.
- A weak infusion ( 25% of normal strength) can be given to babies for colic, irritability and excitement.
- It will help you sleep.
- Burn lavender stalks/flowers to disinfect/deodorize/perfume the room - it has a calming and soothing effect.
- Insect repellent:
- It is a good mosquito, midge, and fly repellent.
- Rub lavender onto kitchen counters to discourage flies.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on bed linen to repel mosquitoes.
- Place sachets of dried flowers and leaves with clothes to deter moths.
Information is up-to-date: 16.04.2012
Unbelievable price on Lavender in Pretoria (Republic of South Africa) company Mountain Herb Estate, Company.